Makes 1-1/2 cups of rub — Tenderloin serves 4-6
Fire up the grill and make a small batch of dry rub for Dad! This dry rub is easy to mix and yields quick and delicious grilling results all summer long! Try this dry rub on grilled pork tenderloin, (like our featured recipe below), or on pork loins, ribs, or even a whole chicken!
Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
Dry Rub Directions:
- Measure all of the ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk until well-combined.
- Transfer the dry rub to a storage container with a tight-fitting lid. Store for up to six months.
Pork Tenderloin Ingredients:
- 2 pork tenderloins (2 lbs each)
- 4 tablespoons dry rub, (2 tablespoons per tenderloin)
- Favorite BBQ sauce, for serving
- Rub each tenderloin with 2 tablespoons of dry rub. Pat the rub all over the tenderloin, and let the meat warm to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Meanwhile, fire up the grill! Set up a direct/indirect grill on half the grill. Make sure your grill grates are cleaned and well-oiled.
- Once the grill is well-heated, place the tenderloins on the direct heat side. Let the meat sear for 5 minutes, then flip to the other side for another 5 to 7 minutes. If the pork begins to get overly seared, move to the indirect side of the grill. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove the tenderloins from the grill, and loosely cover with a piece of aluminum foil. Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Serve with your choice of sides. We like the quick option of grilled veggies and a microwave-baked potato. Tip: To make grilled mini peppers and green onions, simply toss the veggies with olive oil, Kosher salt, and pepper, and grill until tender.