Soup season is starting! When the seasons begin to change, we love marking the moment with a hearty bowl of chili! This recipe is filled with a smoky flavors, thanks to the andouille sausage, and the beans make it extra filling and nutritious. Load on your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 14 ounces andouille sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans (15 oz. ea.) white beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Slice the andouille sausage, and sauté in a large Dutch oven until browned on all sides. Add a few tablespoons of water while cooking, if needed to keep from burning. Once the sausage has browned, remove the slices from the pot.
- Prepare the jalapeño, celery, and pepper by dicing. Sauté in the leftover sausage oil, add a tablespoon or two of olive oil, as needed. Cook and stir until the onions begin to soften. Add the garlic, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, beans, bay leaves, and spices (cumin, paprika, chili powder, Kosher salt, and black pepper) and bring to a simmer. Stir the chili occasionally, as needed. Simmer until the flavors meld together, about 30-40 minutes. Add the sausage back to the pot, stir, and serve piping hot.
- Serve with an array of garnishes!