Creamy One Pot Lemon Pasta
Serves 2 – 4
This is a keeper of a recipe for its ease and fabulous flavor! The creamy, rich pasta is punctuated by bright lemon flavors that everyone will love! Made all in one pot, this dish is perfect for a quick (but very satisfying) weeknight dinner. Serve with a side of roasted baby broccoli for a rounded out menu!
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup shallot, finely minced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup half-and-half, warmed in the microwave, or stovetop to room temperature
8 ounces angel hair pasta
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Basil leaves, julienne cut for garnish
Lemon zest, for garnish
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs toasted in a skillet with 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown, for garnish
- In a large braiser, cook the shallot in the butter and olive oil. Once the shallot is translucent, add the sliced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook until nicely fragrant.
- Add the white wine and simmer until the wine is reduced and absorbed.
- Add the chicken broth and half-and-half, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the angel hair pasta stirring often while simmering until the pasta is cooked al dente — about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Stir with tongs until the pasta is well-coated, and the sauce is slightly thickened. Taste, and season with Kosher salt and pepper.
TIP: Serve with a side of roasted broccolini, if desired. To make the broccolini, toss the broccolini with olive oil and season with Kosher salt and pepper. Roast spread out in a single layer on a sheet pan at 425 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Garnish with toasted Panko bread crumbs, basil shreds, and lemon zest.