Celery, Fennel, & Farro Salad with Pecans, Raisins, & Gorgonzola
Nutty farro and oh-so-thinly sliced celery and fennel are coated in a tangy Dijon dressing in this warm and hearty salad. Punchy, earthy Gorgonzola, sweet raisins, and toasted pecans add depth and flavor making this meal a delicious choice for any lunch or dinner!
4 cups chicken stock1 cup uncooked farro3 stalks celery, plus leafy tops chopped and saved1 small fennel bulb1/2 cup halved pecans1/4 cup raisins3 oz Gorgonzola1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped2 tablespoons fresh mint, choppedDressing Ingredients:1/3 cup olive oil2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar1 garlic clove, minced1/2 shallot, finely diced1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the farro and stir. Boil for 5 minutes. Stir often so that the farro does not stick to the pan. Cover and reduce the heat to low, and simmer. Continue to stir frequently until the farro is tender and the stock has been absorbed, about 60 minutes. Remove the farro from the heat, drain any excess liquid, and let it stand, covered, until ready to serve.
- Thinly slice the celery and fennel with a mandoline.
- Toast the pecans over medium-low heat in a dry skillet, roughly 2-3 minutes. Watch closely to ensure they don’t burn. Coarsely chop.
- In a wide-mouthed jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients until emulsified.
- Combine the cooked farro, celery, celery tops, fennel, pecans, raisins, Gorgonzola, parsley, and mint in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss until coated. Enjoy immediately.